Welcome! My name is Cam Houser and I live in the Zoom grid and Austin, TX.
I’m an award-winning facilitator of online workshops, entrepreneurship educator, and video instructor. I teach a course called Minimum Viable Video.
- I live in Austin, TX in walking distance of 7 coffeeshops
- Interests: Camera confidence, hot sauce, Latin America, cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman’s theory of reality, screenwriting, music subcultures, NLP AI
- Favorite filmmakers: Denis Villeneuve, Christopher Nolan
- Current goal: I’m passionate about developing entrepreneurial skills in people (especially young people). I design courses for corporates and unis but I want to impact bigger, non-institutional audiences. So I’m cultivating an audience on my wavelength
Startups: 2 failures, 1 success, 1 in progress
- In progress: Actionworks, a company that designs and delivers cohort-based courses on entrepreneurship, innovation, and video.
- The success: 3 Day Startup has taught 20,000 people in 50 countries. Hundreds of companies raised $187 million, received acceptance to Y Combinator/Techstars, and achieved exits (to Google, Etsy)
- The failures: A “soundcloud for sports commentary” and an “inverted snapchat aimed at the wedding market.” I share stories about them regularly in my email list and channel
- In addition: I teach “Creative Entrepreneurship” at The University of Texas to creators and artists.
- Kobe Bryant’s Secret Handbook: What we can learn from Kobe reading the referee’s handbook
- Seeing is Believing? Not According to this Cognitive Scientist: Donald Hoffman’s Theory of Reality
- Human Connection in the Zoom Era
- The Building a Second Brain and Write of Passage Student’s Guide to Creating Video
Minimum Viable Video
The project that I’m most passionate about these days is a cohort-based course that teaches professionals camera confidence and how to use video to make videos that boost your career and social capital.
Personal Board of Directors Framework
I’m fascinated with how the wisdom of crowds can be used as an educational tool. Over a decade, I developed and iterated a Personal Board of Directors framework now used by hundreds of friends and acquaintances to advance careers and demystify asking for help.