Welcome! I facilitate online workshops, design entrepreneurship courses for institutions, and make videos.
- I live in Austin, TX in walking distance of 7 coffeeshops
- Interests: DIY video, music subcultures, hot sauce, Mexico, NLP AI, screenwriting
- Favorite filmmakers: Denis Villeneuve, Christopher Nolan
- Current goal: I’m passionate about developing entrepreneurial skills in people (especially young people). I design courses for corporates and unis but I want to impact bigger, non-institutional audiences. So I’m trying to cultivate an audience on my wavelength.
Startups: 2 failures, 1 success, 1 in progress
- In progress: Actionworks, a company building online entrepreneurship ed programs
- The success: 3 Day Startup has taught 20,000 people in 50 countries. Hundreds of companies raised $187 million, received acceptance to Y Combinator/Techstars, and achieved exits (to Google, Etsy)
- In addition: I teach at The University of Texas at Austin
My youtube channel has a few segments, including “The War on Business Books,” where I talk smack about business books and occasionally highlight business themes from Netflix shows and everyday life.
Personal Board of Directors Framework
I get very excited about novel ways of harnessing group intelligence. Over a decade, I developed and iterated a Personal Board of Directors framework now used by hundreds of friends and acquaintances to advance careers and demystify asking for help.