The future of entrepreneurship is the future of humanity.
I’m an entrepreneur/educator making that future brighter by giving founders—actual and would-be founders—learning experiences that light a fire in the synapses and the soul.
- Minimum Viable Video: cohort-based course teaching video, camera confidence, facilitation
- Corporate, Government, and Higher Ed entrepreneurship programs: Creative Entrepreneurship, Audience Building for Creators, and The Blackstone Launchpad Entrepreneurial Mindset Bootcamp
- 3 Day Startup (2009-2019): 10-year CEO journey scaling in-person startup bootcamp to 50 countries
My students are:
- Entrepreneurs raising $187 million
- Founders accepted to Y Combinator and Techstars with exits to Google and Etsy
- 20,000 learners worldwide including astronauts in Texas, cattle farmers in Australia, and prime ministers in the Caribbean
- Higher ed students and staff at MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and 250 institutions
- I live in Austin, TX in walking distance of seven coffeeshops
- Interests: Camera confidence, hot sauce, Latin America, cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman’s theory of reality, screenwriting, NLP AI
- Favorite filmmakers: Denis Villeneuve, Christopher Nolan
- I have a mysterious health condition. Sharing this because I’m out of ideas. Maybe you have some.
- I have a handful of unfundable projects I carry around my back pocket for when I meet people writing checks to builders.
- Kobe Bryant’s Secret Handbook: What we can learn from Kobe reading the referee’s handbook
- Seeing is Believing? Not According to this Cognitive Scientist: Donald Hoffman’s Theory of Reality
- Human Connection in the Zoom Era
- The Building a Second Brain and Write of Passage Student’s Guide to Creating Video
Minimum Viable Video
The project that I’m most passionate about these days is a cohort-based course that teaches entrepreneurs how to make videos that get customers, close deals, and build social capital.