Welcome! My name is Cam Houser and I live in the Zoom grid and Austin, TX.
I’m an entrepreneur and educator who builds learning programs—independently and for institutions:
- Minimum Viable Video (cohort-based course teaching video, camera confidence, facilitation)
- 3 Day Startup (Founder and CEO for a decade; scaled in-person startup bootcamp to 50 countries)
- University of Texas’ Creative Entrepreneurship (entrepreneurship for creators)
- Entrepreneurs raising $187 million, getting accepted to Y Combinator and Techstars, and exiting to Google and Etsy
- 20,000 learners worldwide including astronauts in Texas, cattle farmers in Australia, and prime ministers in the Caribbean
- Higher ed students and staff at MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and 250 other institutions
- I live in Austin, TX in walking distance of 7 coffeeshops
- Interests: Camera confidence, hot sauce, Latin America, cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman’s theory of reality, screenwriting, NLP AI
- Favorite filmmakers: Denis Villeneuve, Christopher Nolan
- Kobe Bryant’s Secret Handbook: What we can learn from Kobe reading the referee’s handbook
- Seeing is Believing? Not According to this Cognitive Scientist: Donald Hoffman’s Theory of Reality
- Human Connection in the Zoom Era
- The Building a Second Brain and Write of Passage Student’s Guide to Creating Video
Minimum Viable Video
The project that I’m most passionate about these days is a cohort-based course that teaches professionals camera confidence and how to use video to make videos that boost your career and social capital.
Personal Board of Directors Framework
I’m fascinated with how the wisdom of crowds can be used as an educational tool. Over a decade, I developed and iterated a Personal Board of Directors framework now used by hundreds of friends and acquaintances to navigate careers and demystify asking for help.